Diana Kwast-Hoekstra of the Dutch Pituitary Foundation participated in the Eurordis: Rare Disease Week in Brussels. Diana is an Endo-ERN ePAG representative for MTG1.
While in Brussels, Diana and other patient representatives had the opportunity to raise awareness of rare disease in meetings with key MEPs and other policy-makers.
The delegation had Five Asks:
- Advancing the development of orphan medicines
- Improving disability assessments
- Acting on mental health needs
- Optimising the European Health Data Space
- Launching a European Action Plan for Rare Diseases
Thank you Diana and Eurordis for keeping rare disease at the top of the European health agenda!