On June 7th 2019, in the old Venetian villa Contarini in Piazzola sul Brenta owing to the Venetian Region Counsil, the Endocrinology Unit of Azienda Ospedaliera-University of Padova (director Carla Scaroni, MD ) organized for Endo ERN group of Padova a meeting dedicated to medical doctors involved in child- and adult-hood endocrine rare diseases.
The aim of the meeting was to ameliorate the network among different care centers in our territory to uniform the standards of diagnosis and therapy for rare disease patients.
Local E-Pags were involved
The topics were presented shortly by an expert in the field and then discussed in round tables or among little groups of participants in order to identify a reliable applications of the suggestions to our local realities
The following topics were discussed:
- how to perform the hormonal diagnosis of first level of hypercortisolism
- a proposal of follow-up for acromegalic patients during chronic medical therapy;
- suggestions to organize educational intervention for patients with hypoadrenalism with the contribution of the local patients organization
- follow-up of patients with medullary thyroid carcinomas
- the genetic study of patients with hypercalcemia
- the characteristics of a MRI dedicated to pituitary gland study