UZ Brussel (University Hospital Brussels) has a staff of approximately 3,800 employees. It is attached to the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy of the Free University of Brussels on the Brussels Health Campus in Jette. With 721 hospital beds, it accounts for more than 30,000 admissions of patients each year from Belgium and abroad, more than 360,000 consultations (emergencies not included) and more than 70,000 patients at the emergency care. Its philosophy is founded on three principles: Dutch-speaking, pluralist and social. As a university hospital, it also has a teaching mission and conducts scientific research.
UZ Brussels is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
- Inge Gies (Main representative, Paediatric)
- Brigitte Velkeniers (Substitute representative, Adult)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalNo representative yet.
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisNo representative yet.
- MTG3 Genetic Disorders of Glucose & Insulin HomeostasisNo representative yet.
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesNo representative yet.
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesNo representative yet.
- MTG6 PituitaryDavid Unuane (Adult)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationInge Gies (Paediatric)
- MTG8 ThyroidNo representative yet.
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Inge Gies(6), David Unuane(7) and Brigitte Velkeniers(67)