The Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital of Würzburg is a tertiary referral centre for patients with all endocrine disorders (including diabetes and obesity). It has a particular focus on endocrine tumours and is one of the key reference centres for adrenal tumours. Furthermore, there is special expertise in pituitary and adrenal diseases as well as hypoparathyroidms. The centre coordinates several and participates in multiple national and international clinical trials in endocrine diseases.
The department is devoted to translational research using its large patient cohorts and its numerous local, national and international collaborations. The department hosts a clinical study centre and basic science labs.
University Hospital Würzburg is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
- Martin Fassnacht (Main representative, Adult)
- Stefanie Hahner (Substitute representative, Adult)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalMartin Fassnacht (Adult), Stefanie Hahner (Adult) and Mathias Kroiss (Adult)
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisStefanie Hahner (Adult) and Carmina Fuss (Adult)
- MTG6 PituitaryMartin Fassnacht (Adult), Timo Deutschbein (Adult) and Katrin Ergezinger (Paediatric)
- MTG8 ThyroidMartin Fassnacht (Adult) and Mathias Kroiss (Adult)
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Mathias Kroiss(2)