The Endocrinology of the “Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova“ (AOP), the only one, in North-East of Italy (7.5 million inhabitants ), recognised in the European network for rare endocrine diseases, covers all fields of Endocrinology from the childhood to the adult age. This expertise, confirmed by the large number of patients who attend the structure every day, has allowed us to gather the major national and international number of patients with Adrenal, Pituitary and Thyroid diseases. By virtue of this important clinical activity, the Padua’s Hospital (AOP) is participating in 8 Main Thematic Groups (MTG1-8). Multidisciplinary teams, coordinated by our Endocrinologists, with the participation of other specialists (surgeons, neurosurgeons, radiologists, neuroradiologists, pathologists, oncologists, genetics etc.) meet periodically for a better diagnostic and therapeutic definition of the most complex pathologies. Several residents and PhD students (in Endocrinology, Surgery and paediatrics) attend every day specific lessons and are directly involved in the diagnostic-therapeutic process of the patients.
Moreover, our group promotes numerous meetings focused on various diseases and EPag are also involved in any strategic decisions and actions. The clinic also takes care of the scientific aspects and, although involved in basic and experimental research, is primarily focused on the promotion of research close to the patient.
Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova (AOP) is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
Via Giustiniani, 2
- Carla Scaroni (Main representative, Adult)
- Laura Guazzarotti (Substitute representative, Paediatric)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalCarla Scaroni (Adult), Laura Guazzarotti (Paediatric) and Filippo Ceccato (Adult)
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisLaura Guazzarotti (Paediatric) and Valentina Camozzi (Adult)
- MTG3 Genetic Disorders of Glucose & Insulin HomeostasisLaura Guazzarotti (Paediatric), Roberto Vettor (Adult) and Pietro Maffei (Adult and Paediatric)
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesLaura Guazzarotti (Paediatric), Filippo Ceccato (Adult) and Maurizio Iacobone (Adult)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesLaura Guazzarotti (Paediatric), Roberto Vettor (Adult) and Pietro Maffei (Adult and Paediatric)
- MTG6 Hypothalamic and Pituitary ConditionsCarla Scaroni (Adult), Laura Guazzarotti (Paediatric) and Filippo Ceccato (Adult)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationCarla Scaroni (Adult), Laura Guazzarotti (Paediatric), Maurizio Iacobone (Adult) and Caterina Mian (Adult and Paediatric)
- MTG8 ThyroidLaura Guazzarotti (Paediatric)
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Filippo Ceccato(78), Pietro Maffei(46) and Carla Scaroni(2458)