Our centre is a consortium of two national coordinating reference centres for rare endocrine disorders recognised since 2005 and belonging to the Paris Public Hospitals AP-HP institution. This consortium is involved in the coordination of the national French reference network for rare endocrine disorders.
The 6 departments of this consortium are located in 6 different University Hospitals in central Paris: Cochin, Robert Debré, Necker, St Antoine, La Pitié Salpétrière, Trousseau. Three of them are paediatric endocrinology departments and 3 adult endocrinology departments, so the consortium cover both children and adults, and manage the transition period. The centre provides a wide range of expertise for endocrine conditions from 6 of the 8 main thematic groups of the ENDO-ERN: adrenals, genetic endocrine tumours, growth, pituitary, sex development & maturation, and thyroid. This offers for children and adults in outpatient clinics as well as conventional or day hospitalization with multidisciplinary approaches the possibility of diagnostic or therapeutic interventions, as well as education for these rare endocrine conditions. The activities of these reference centres benefit from highly interacting multidisciplinary teams and diagnostic laboratories (hormonal biology, genetics) within the University Hospitals of the consortium. They are all engaged actively in the national data base for rare disease and in national and international research programs dedicated to the rare endocrine disorders treated by the various teams.
Assistance Publique – Consortium Cochin, Robert Debré, Necker, St Antoine, La Pitié Salpétrière, Trousseau University Hospitals is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
27 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Jacques
- Jerome Bertherat (Main representative, Adult)
- Juliane Leger (Substitute representative, Paediatric)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalJerome Bertherat (Adult)
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesJerome Bertherat (Adult)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesIrene Netchine (Paediatric)
- MTG6 PituitaryJerome Bertherat (Adult), Juliane Leger (Paediatric), Irene Netchine (Paediatric) and Sophie Christin-Maitre (Adult)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationSophie Christin-Maitre (Adult)
- MTG8 ThyroidLionel Groussin (Adult)
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Jerome Bertherat(78) and Juliane Leger(78)