Specific Expertise (MTG)
According to usual classification of endocrine conditions, specific diagnostic and therapeutic approaches and composition of the required multidisciplinary teams, eight established main thematic groups (MTG) were defined within Endo-ERN. These MTGs are organ and/or physiology based, cover care throughout the entire lifespan of patients and cover the total spectrum of congenital and acquired conditions. The MTGs are:
- MTG1 Adrenal
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate Homeostasis
- MTG3 Genetic Disorders of Glucose & Insulin Homeostasis
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour Syndromes
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity Syndromes
- MTG6 Pituitary
- MTG7 Sex Development & Maturation
- MTG8 Thyroid
Within MTGs, several sub-thematic groups have been defined on the basis of presence of hormonal overproduction, insufficiency, resistance and/or tumour growth.
With these sub-thematic groups, Endo-ERN envisions to be able to adress the disease specific conditions unmet needs and highly specialised interventions required for patients with related conditions.