Motol University Hospital in Prague is the largest health care facility in the Czech Republic. It provides full scale of medical services and represents the teaching and research basis for the 2nd Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Prague. The curriculum of medical studies runs in both Czech and English parallel.
The paediatric endocrine unit is part of the Department of Paediatrics. A team of 15 MDs qualified in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes is chaired by two full-time professors (Jan Lebl, Zdenek Sumnik) and two full-time associated professors (Stepanka Pruhova, Marta Snajderova). The laboratory and research services are chaired by Professor Ondrej Cinek and Dr Ondrej Soucek. Clinical care and research is focused on paediatric diabetes, including neonatal and monogenic forms, hyperinsulinism, growth disorders, calcium homeostasis and bone, disorders of sexual development and maturation, and adrenal conditions. The service includes rapid genetic testing for beta-cell disorders.
The paediatric service is amended by the adult Department of Endocrinology and Nuclear Medicine, with special focus on thyroid cancer diagnosis and therapy (chaired by Professor Petr Vlcek).
University Hospital Motol is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
V Úvalu 84
150 06 Prague
- Jan Lebl (Main representative, Paediatric)
- Klara Rozenkova (Substitute representative, Paediatric)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalKlara Rozenkova (Paediatric) and Stanislava Kolouskova (Paediatric)
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisOndrej Soucek (Paediatric) and Zdenek Sumnik (Paediatric)
- MTG3 Genetic Disorders of Glucose & Insulin HomeostasisZdenek Sumnik (Paediatric) and Stepanka Pruhova (Paediatric)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesJan Lebl (Paediatric) and Lukas Plachy (Paediatric)
- MTG6 PituitaryJan Lebl (Paediatric) and Lukas Plachy (Paediatric)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationKlara Rozenkova (Paediatric) and Jana Malikova (Paediatric)
- MTG8 ThyroidKlara Rozenkova (Paediatric) and Lukas Plachy (Paediatric)
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Jan Lebl(12378), Stepanka Pruhova(56) and Klara Rozenkova(2356)