The Department of Endocrinology at the Medizinische Klinik IV is a tertiary referral centre at the University of Munich for patients with all endocrine disorders with a particular focus on adrenal tumours and diseases as well as differences of sex development (DSD). The German Cushing and Conn register are located at the Medizinische Klinik IV, and the site participates in multiple national and international clinical studies.
The department is devoted to translational research using its large patient cohorts and its numerous local, national and international collaborations. The department hosts a clinical study centre and basic science labs in the area of clinical chemistry, cellular and molecular biology and immunology. In the endocrine outpatient clinic, ~36,000 patients/year are followed.
Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG6 PituitaryNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke
- MTG8 ThyroidNicole Reisch and Martin Reincke