The Department of Endocrinology at the Medizinische Klinik IV is a tertiary referral centre at the University of Munich for patients with all endocrine disorders with a particular focus on adrenal tumours and diseases as well as differences of sex development (DSD). The German Cushing and Conn register are located at the Medizinische Klinik IV, and the site participates in multiple national and international clinical studies.
The department is devoted to translational research using its large patient cohorts and its numerous local, national and international collaborations. The department hosts a clinical study centre and basic science labs in the area of clinical chemistry, cellular and molecular biology and immunology. In the endocrine outpatient clinic, ~36,000 patients/year are followed.
Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
- Nicole Reisch (Main representative, Adult)
- Martin Reincke (Substitute representative, Adult)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalNicole Reisch (Adult), Martin Reincke (Adult) and Heinrich Schmidt (Paediatric)
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisRalf Schmidmaier (Adult) and Susanne Bechtold-Dalla Pozza (Paediatric)
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesNicole Reisch (Adult), Chirstoph Auernhammer (Adult) and Jochen Schopohl (Adult)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesHeinrich Schmidt (Paediatric), Jochen Schopohl (Adult) and Martin Bidlingmaier (Adult)
- MTG6 PituitaryJochen Schopohl (Adult) and Katharina Schilbach (Adult)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationNicole Reisch (Adult) and Matthias Auer (Adult)
- MTG8 ThyroidChristine Spitzweg (Adult) and Roland Gaertner (Adult)