The S. Orsola-Malpighi University Hospital of Bologna is an officially recognised European Reference centre for assistance to the Rare Endocrine Conditions (Endo-ERN). To fulfil the Endo-ERN mission, the Health Care Provider (HCP) “A.O.U. S. Orsola-Malpighi di Bologna” has brought together in a Centre called “CARENDO BO”, coordinated by Prof. Alessandra Cassio and Prof. Alessandra Gambineri, the multidisciplinary skills already existing in the Polyclinic both for paediatric (Director Prof. A.Pession) and adult (Director Prof. U.Pagotto) fields. Therefore, CARENDO BO has identified the structures and the referents for the different thematic areas for which it is endorsed (7) and which are included in the list below.
Through the CPMS platform, the various specialists of the Centre will be able to network with European colleagues who are experts in the field, and this will allow optimal management of all cases of rare endocrinological diseases in order to reach the best diagnosis and treatment in the shortest possible time.
Azienda Ospedaliera Sant’Orsola Malpighi is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
Via Pietro Albertoni, 15
- Alessandra Cassio (Main representative, Paediatric)
- Alessandra Gambineri (Substitute representative, Adult)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG1 AdrenalFederico Baronio (Paediatric), Guido Di Dalmazi (Adult), Alessandra Gambineri (Adult), Rita Ortolano (Paediatric) and Soara Menabò (Adult and Paediatric)
- MTG2 Disorders of Calcium & Phosphate HomeostasisFederico Baronio (Paediatric), Guido Zavatta (Adult), Valeria Di Natale (Paediatric) and Valentina Assirelli (Paediatric)
- MTG3 Genetic Disorders of Glucose & Insulin HomeostasisGuido Di Dalmazi (Adult), Alessandra Gambineri (Adult) and Giulio Maltoni (Paediatric)
- MTG4 Genetic Endocrine Tumour SyndromesFederico Baronio (Paediatric), Alessandra Cassio (Paediatric) and Danilo Ribichini (Adult)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesEmanuela Scarano (Paediatric), Silvia Garelli (Adult) and Guido Zavatta (Adult)
- MTG6 Hypothalamic and Pituitary ConditionsFederico Baronio (Paediatric), Danilo Ribichini (Adult) and Valentina Assirelli (Paediatric)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationFederico Baronio (Paediatric), Alessandra Gambineri (Adult), Rita Ortolano (Paediatric), Soara Menabò (Adult and Paediatric) and Carla Pelusi (Adult)
- MTG8 ThyroidAlessandra Cassio (Paediatric), Rita Ortolano (Paediatric), Valentina Vicennati (Adult), Valeria Di Natale (Paediatric) and Andrea Repaci