HYPO is the French Rare Disease Reference Centre for Pituitary Disorders (initially named DEFHY) that was accredited in October 2006 by the French Ministry of Health as part of the first “Plan National des Maladies Rares”, confirmed in 2011 after its evaluation, and prolonged in 2017 under its current name (HYPO).
The new HYPO Centre is composed of:
- a coordinating centre in Marseille: Pr. Thierry Brue
- 3 constitutive centres of Kremlin Bicêtre, (Pr Philippe Chanson), Lyon (Pr Gérald Raverot) and Angers (Pr Régis Coutant).
- 29 competence centres in Amiens, Paris (APHP Cochin, Necker, La Pitié Salpetrière, Robert Debré, Saint-Antoine), Besançon, Bordeaux, Brest, Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Dijon, Grenoble, Lille, Limoges, Montpellier, Nancy, Nantes, Nice, Reims, Rennes, La Réunion, Rouen, Saint-Etienne, Strasbourg, Tours, Versailles, Toulouse and Suresnes.
The HYPO Centre is part of the “FIRENDO” structure for rare endocrine diseases and of the ENDOERN (European reference network on rare endocrine conditions) as a participating HCP.
Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Marseille is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
Hopital de la Timone 264 Rue Saint Pierre
- Thierry Brue (Main representative, Adult)
- Frederique Albarel (Substitute representative, Adult)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
Also the following people are participating for this Reference Centre:Frederique Albarel(6)