Our centre for Rare Gynaecological Disorders (PGR for Pathologies Gynécologiques Rares) is a consortium of 3 constitutive departments. One is based in APHP-Necker Hospital in the department of paediatrics and Adolescent gynaecologydirected by Prof Michel Polak who is also the French coordinator of this centre in France; the second one is based in Toulouse, managed by Dr Catherine Pienkowski who is a paediatrician and adolescent gynaecologist; and finally the third group is based in APHP-Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital in the Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine I currently manage. Philippe Touraine is the representative of our centre at the European Level. Besides these 3 main Departments, we have a strong collaboration with surgical departments in Paris (Institut Montsouris, Necker Hospital) which are experts in the management of patients with rare gynaecological diseases and different departments in France which have expertise in such medical and surgical fields.
Our centres currently mange patients with 4 different groups of diseases
- Patients with rare benign breast tumours such as gigantomastia, multiple fibro adenomas, Giant fibro adenoma.
- Patients with uterus abnormalities such as Rokitansky syndrome
- Patients with rare haemostasis disorders and gynaecological complications such as Willebrandt Disease
- Finally patients with Rare chronic diseases with gynaecological consequences (patients with systemic diseases such as Lupus; patients with endocrine disorders with gynaecological consequences such as Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Premature Ovarian Failure, Hypopituitarism)
Assistance Publique – Consortium Pitie Salpêtrière Hospital, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris – Rare Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynaecology Diseases (PGR) is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
47-83 Bd de l' Hôpital
- Philippe Touraine (Main representative, Adult)
- Michel Polak (Substitute representative, Paediatric)
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG7 Sex Development & MaturationPhilippe Touraine (Adult) and Michel Polak (Paediatric)