Our Center for Rare Gynecological Disorders (PGR for Pathologies Gynécologiques Rares) is a consortium of 3 constitutive departments. One is based in APHP-Necker Hospital in the department of pediatrics and Adolescent gynecology directed by Prof Michel Polak who is also the French coordinator of this Center in France; the second one is based in Toulouse, managed by Dr. Catherine Pienkowski who is a pediatrician and adolescent gynecologist; and finally the third group is based in APHP-Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital in the Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine I currently manage. Philippe Touraine is the representative of our center at the European Level. Besides these 3 main Departments, we have a strong collaboration with surgical departments in Paris (Institut Montsouris, Necker Hospital) which are experts in the management of patients with rare gynecological diseases and different departments in France which have expertise in such medical and surgical fields.
Our centers currently mange patients with 4 different groups of diseases
- Patients with rare benign breast tumors such as gigantomastia, multiple fibro adenomas, Giant fibro adenoma.
- Patients with uterus abnormalities such as Rokitansky syndrome
- Patients with rare hemostasis disorders and gynecological complications such as Willebrandt Disease
- Finally patients with Rare chronic diseases with gynecological consequences (patients with systemic diseases such as Lupus; patients with endocrine disorders with gynecological consequences such as Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Premature Ovarian Failure, Hypopituitarism)
Assistance Publique – Consortium Pitie Salpêtrière Hospital, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris – Rare Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynecology Diseases (PGR) is participating in the following Main Thematic Groups (MTGs):
47-83 Bd de l' Hôpital
Representatives per Main Thematic Group (MTG)
- MTG5 Growth & Genetic Obesity SyndromesPhilippe Touraine